Anyway, my point (and I do have one) is this: I miss trivia. Therefore, it is with great pleasure that I announce the creation of:
Amy's Amazing Movie Quote Trivia Contest!
Here's how it's going to go. Be the first one to leave a comment with all the correct answers, and you will win a $5 gift certificate to Amazon.com. If no one gets all the answers correct (by "correct answer," I mean you have tell me the name of the movie the quote is from), then the person who gets the most answers correct will win. (Edited to add: you can also email me your answers if you don't have a blogger account: fearfam (at) sbcglobal (dot) net.)
Contest ends Monday 5/26/08 at 8 p.m. PST. Winner will be announced here on the blog.
If you cheat (google/IMDB/reading the comments/etc), I won't know. But Jesus will. :)
And with that... here we go!!
1) I'm king of the world!! (that's a freebie, people)
2) Get out of town, I didn't know you did anything creative!
3) Does the rolling help?
4) I keep coming back to the Heardsmen.
5) These mashed potatoes are so creamy.
6) FOR-EV-ER.
7) Did you not tell them they were the Lord's chips?
8) Good morning Gil. I said, Good morning, Gil!
9) Then Margaret is right… piracy is our only option.
10) How much is it without the bufferin? **
11) You think anyone wants a roundhouse to the face when I'm wearing these bad boys? Forget about it!
12) Asps. Very dangerous. You go first.
13) If you could only keep half of your son, which half would it be?
14) I'm singing to my Nelson… ain't I baby?
15) See? Billy Idol gets it. Why doesn't she get it?
16) Got it Grace… Grace, I got it.
17) Nobody puts Baby in a corner.
18) Murdered by pirates is good.
19) Person 1: Not bad… you say this is this your first lesson?
Person 2: Yes, but my father was a piano mover, so…
20) And machine washable, darling. That's a new feature.
21) Everytime I eat roquefort cheese, I think of those teeth. **
Clue #1 - no movie is used twice
Clue #2 - all movies are rated PG-13 or under
** - if you are not a Fear, married to a Fear, or formally known as a Fear, and you get these correct, you get 5 bonus points.
This is either going to be really easy or ridiculously hard. It's hard for me to know since I obviously know all the answers. Have fun and good luck!


10 comments:
Chris & Rita - I have recorded your answers in my fancy Excel spreadsheet and have deleted your comment to discourage cheating from other posters. :)
~Amy
Boy Amy, you think of everything.
You've got way too much time on your hands lady! Maybe you should have another baby and see if that slows you down any! Oh wait, you're already working on that aren't you?!?
So Janet, is that your way of saying you don't know any of these? :)
Could be. I simply don't have the time to put something so creative together. Must be nice having the Hubby around huh?
Hmm. I know about half of those. I have no clue on the Roquefort, but it is the greatest cheese on Earth. Ben agrees, though I think he's the only person not of legal drinking age who can stomach it.
Thanks Stacy!! I recorded your answers and deleted your post. :)
~A
I am shamed. I only know like 8 of these. I have a feeling I should know #2, and I have a guess for #19, but other than that, I'm lost.
I have a small suspicion that I'd be better off at this contest if I were a woman. There aren't nearly enough Spiderman or Star Wars quotes on here.
Brenda - I added your addition to your total and deleted your comment. :)
~A
Post a Comment