
You know, it still feels like it was yesterday. Jay and I couldn't decide on a name and were still talking about it on our way to the hospital for my scheduled c-section. We were down to two choices: Lucy or Beatrice. On the way to the hospital we actually passed "Beatrice Drive," and took it as a sign. That is, until 10 miles later when we passed "Lucy Brown Lane." Back to square one.
As the nurses did all the prelimary poking and prodding they have to do before the surgery, the strangest thing happened. I started having contractions. Real ones. Semi-painful ones. I guess Bea decided she was coming that day, one way or another! Our little girl was born at 7:58 a.m., and as soon as we saw her, we both knew she was Beatrice. I can't imagine any other name that would fit her so well. (As a side note, we recently gave the name Lucy some more thought and came to the conclusion that we really dodged the bullet. Say it together: Lucy Fear. Say it a little faster. See? No good. If you don't get it, just keep trying... and imagine little red horns and a pitchfork.)
So we celebrated Bea's birth moment on Friday with a small family party at our house. The party wasn't until after dinner, so Bea was pretty amped up all day long. She actually kept it together pretty well, considering she had to wait all day. I think the mid-afternoon trip to Powell's Sweet Shoppe in Willow Glen helped get some of her wiggles out. It wasn't a bad experience for me, either...
The party was a lot of fun and everyone was well-behaved, including Jay (well... kinda). The mayonnaise cake frosting didn't turn out as thick as I like it, but it still tasted awesome, so I guess I can't really complain. A few people have asked for the recipe, so I have posted it below.

Bea enjoyed her evening and of course loved opening her presents. She was pretty worn out by the end of the night, though. As we're telling her it's time to get into pajamas she bursts into tears, rubs her eyes and exclaims, "But I'm not tired!!!!" Yeah, right kid.

Nothing says "little girl" like a Barbie Head!Well, maybe pink leopard print... :)


3 comments:
That barbie head is freaky. I mean, if I woke up in the middle of the night and saw that thing in my room, I might wet myself.
Happy Birthday Beatrice! It sounds like it was a fun filled day!
Happy Birthday Bea! I remember my first Barbie head. I'm feeling slighted that I've never experienced pink leopard print. Thanks for the recipe, I might just have to try that out soon:)
Post a Comment