I threw out my back on Wednesday while trying to pick up my moose of a son. It was so bad that I was incapacitated on the floor for 15 minutes while Dexter screamed out of hunger and Bea cried out of worry. I was finally able to get a hold of my mom (who luckily was coming to visit me that day anyway), and she came over and took care of me and the kids until bedtime. Hurting your back really stinks, you know that? It has not been a fun few days. Luckily, through a miracle of circumstances, Jay was able to get Thursday off in addition to his regularly scheduled days off of Friday and Saturday, so he was able to take care of me and the kids on those days. I was feeling better yesterday, but being out and about at church today has not helped, and now my back is hurting again. Alas, Jay is at work and I am just going to have to deal. At least I can walk now... that first day was so horrible I thought I was going to have to have back surgery.
Anyway, the reason I bring this up is this: While I was in my invalid state on Wednesday, my friend Stacy kindly brought Natalie home from school for me. When I opened the door for her, I saw a UPS package on my porch. Stacy handed it to me and as soon as the door was closed, I tore it open. I was excited to see what it was because #1, I hadn't ordered anything recently, and #2, there was no return address, except the name of a company. When I got the package open and saw what it was, I started to cry.

It's our blog, made into a book. MY WORDS, published in a book. Our Academy experience, complete with pictures, for us to hold and read and pass down to our children. I was so touched that I couldn't stop crying. It was such a wonderful surprise and it brought a smile to my face on the cruddiest of days. There was no note, no return address, so I had no idea who had sent it to us. I called a couple of people but did not discover the source of the gift until later in the day when I had an "ah ha!" moment and realized who it was. I won't tell you all who it was, since they probably wouldn't want me to, but I hope they know how sincerely both Jay and I appreciate the thought, effort, and love that went into the book. It blew us both away, and we know it will become a family heirloom that we will treasure always. Thank you so very much.
So that is what has been going on these past few days. I have more to post but it will have to wait for another time. Right now, I need to go rest! Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mothers out there. I hope you have a relaxing and treat-filled day!


5 comments:
Happy Mother's Day! I hope you heal quickly and are feeling better.
great idea for a gift.
Tell Jay to bring home a copy of the Zenith-It's a CHP mag and it might have pics from graduation. I know you will get official pics of his company but it is fun to see it in print also.
Blog books are the bomb! What an awesome surprise! So sorry about your back. If it were me, I'd take a percocet and call it a day:)
So sweet! Don't you just love moments like that, especially when they're so well timed? I'm so glad you got a good surprise on such a lame day.
Post a Comment