I've been tagged to answer a trillion questions about my relationship with Jay, what my date of birth and social security number is, etc. So here I go.... I can feel your excitement through the computer screen! (This time I promise I will answer correctly, unlike the last time I was tagged.)
1. How Long Have You Been Together? About 7 years
2. How Long Did You Date? About 2 days. Well, at least that's what it seemed like to most people. We officially started dating Feb 14 (Valentine's Day, baby!) 2001 and were married less than 5 months later.
3. How Old Is He? He's 29. I totally robbed the cradle.
4. Who Eats More? Hmmm, during the week he's on his super-fun-Academy diet and I usually only eat 1/2 a PB&J and whatever else the kids left lying around, but then I make up for it with half a pan of brownies after they're asleep. So it's a toss up. If you add the weekends in, though, Jay wins.
5. Who Said "I Love You" First? Jay. Although he tried to get away with not making it a big deal (he's slick like that). He was leaving my house after dropping me off after a date and he just said, "Ok, I'll call you tomorrow. Love you."
6. Who Is Taller? No contest on this one, it's Jay.
7. Who Is The Better Singer? Neither one of us will be getting a record deal anytime soon, but I'm going to give this one to me.
8. Who Is Smarter? If you're talking about scriptures, vehicle codes, or baseball, it's definitely Jay. If you're talking about computers, budgeting, or The Office, it's definitely me. Everything else is even.
9. Who Does The Laundry? I do 95% of it since Jay's at the Academy, but when he's home he's a huge help. He always was a big help, but his 2+ years as a stay-at-home-dad made him even more awesome in the chore department.
10. Who Does The Dishes? See #9
11. Whose more patient? Well, I come from a long line of overreactors, so ...
13. Who Mows The Lawn? The gardener, dahling.
14. Who Cooks? During the week, me. On the weekend Jay likes to take over the kitchen. He's really weird like that. Really, I'm not complaining... but you have to admit it's weird.
15. Who's More Stubborn? Not me. Nope. Definitely not me. You will never get me to say I'm more stubborn. I won't do it. Nothing you say will make me!!!!
16. Who Kissed Who First? We were sitting on his sister's couch talking after just watching Return to Me (Got it Grace...) and he planted one on me. And no, it's not as weird as it sounds... his sister and her family were asleep. That was back when we were young and could stay up until 2 a.m.
17. Who Asked Who Out? Ah... now there's some disagreement here but since I'm answering this I can tell it my way. MuHAHAHAHA! Jay was loitering around the church after Institute one night (Feb 7 2001 to be exact... almost 7 years ago), waiting for me. He will deny this but it's absolutely true. Anyway, we started talking and I showed him the new car I bought after my accident. I offered to take him for a spin (see, he thinks that means I asked him out) and then as we were driving he asked if I wanted to go get something to eat. Actually, it was before we were even out of the parking lot. I was too charming for him to resist.
18. Who Proposed? Jay did, of course. Like our friends Janet and Craig, we went to Olive Garden for lunch (told you we are twins) and then Jay told me he wanted to take me somewhere but it was going to be a surprise. So he blindfolded me with a dish towel held on with a tie and then drove for what seemed like 3 hours. It didn't help that he was making smart aleck comments like "Oh look, we're passing a bus and they're all pointing at you." When we arrived at our destination he led me out (I had no idea where I was) and then stopped me on some pavement. I could hear water and faint voices but I could tell we weren't at the beach. He spun me around a few times for effect, and then took off my blindfold. We were in front of the fountain at the Oakland Temple. He got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. I told him I needed to think about it. Kidding! Of course I said yes immediately. And here we are, almost 7 years later!
19. Who Is More Sensitive? Totally me.
20. Who Has More Friends? Jay, for sure. Everyone loves him (what's not to love?). I have lots of friends but, as Anne of Green Gables would say, I only have a few bosom friends.
21. Who Has More Siblings? Jay... those crazy Mormons.
22. Who Are You Tagging? Oh, you know, whoever has the inclination. And now you may now all return from the edge of your seats!
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
haha, jay's awesome. the blind fold thing is funny.
How dare you kiss on my couch!!!!! I was under the impression that your first kiss was accross the altar!! Shame on you.
By the way...We just celebrated our 15 year anniversary last night with our six kiddos around the table with us.You have 8 more years to come up with 3 more kids..... (: Kidding.
FYI we did go away for a long weekend to REALLY celebrate!
You make me laugh! We ALWAYS use the line "Got it Grace... I got it." Good times!
Post a Comment