Week 4 is done! To tell the truth, things are starting to run together, at least for me. Here’s the run-down of the last week:
Academics – the cadets are in the classroom for a large portion of their day, studying various aspects of the law. One of their most time-consuming and important classes is Vehicle Code. It is the foundation for many of the other things they will learn in later weeks. They are also continuing PMA training and will be certified on the baton soon. (I suppose that should go under PT, but... too late.)
EVOC – the cadets started EVOC this week! They met the instructors and had a tour of the EVOC course. Most of what they are doing for EVOC right now is in the classroom, but the instructors have started taking the cadets in small groups for the very beginning stages of EVOC driving. Jay has not had his turn yet but hopefully he will this week. (Craig had his turn... see the Hartley’s blog for the report!) I know Jay is looking forward to his turn behind the wheel.
Drill – The beginning of week 4 included a *lot* of drill practice in preparation for the juniors to march during the Fountain Ceremony on Wednesday. The Fountain Ceremony is where the senior class has the privilege of polishing the names of the 211 fallen CHP Officers, which are listed on the fountain in the middle of the Academy Quad. It is an honor that the cadets look forward to.
PT – What can I say about PT? It is rough to be sure, but on Friday it was, in Jay’s words, “horrendous.” Apparently a member of Jay’s company told someone that PT wasn’t that bad (whatever!), and that comment got back to the PT staff. Uh-oh. They were NOT happy and they took it out on Company A for 2 hours on Friday morning. Jay was so sore when he arrived home on Friday; he was walking like a little old man. I loaded him up on Motrin and then we prayed that they wouldn’t have that kind of PT workout again this Monday.
Liberty – I am basically living from liberty to liberty. We took a trip up to Sacto on Wednesday to meet Jay at IKEA for dinner. It was so nice to see him. It provides us all with a much needed emotional boost. Jay also came home for the weekend, and we had a wonderful time just hanging out. Betsy watched the kids Saturday night (thanks, mom!) so that Jay and I could go on a date. (We saw Bee Movie... it was pretty cute!) The weekend went by way too fast, as always. The good news is that in a week and a half, Jay will have a 4 day Thanksgiving weekend! Whooo hoooo!!! I don’t think I could be more excited.
Academics – the cadets are in the classroom for a large portion of their day, studying various aspects of the law. One of their most time-consuming and important classes is Vehicle Code. It is the foundation for many of the other things they will learn in later weeks. They are also continuing PMA training and will be certified on the baton soon. (I suppose that should go under PT, but... too late.)
EVOC – the cadets started EVOC this week! They met the instructors and had a tour of the EVOC course. Most of what they are doing for EVOC right now is in the classroom, but the instructors have started taking the cadets in small groups for the very beginning stages of EVOC driving. Jay has not had his turn yet but hopefully he will this week. (Craig had his turn... see the Hartley’s blog for the report!) I know Jay is looking forward to his turn behind the wheel.
Drill – The beginning of week 4 included a *lot* of drill practice in preparation for the juniors to march during the Fountain Ceremony on Wednesday. The Fountain Ceremony is where the senior class has the privilege of polishing the names of the 211 fallen CHP Officers, which are listed on the fountain in the middle of the Academy Quad. It is an honor that the cadets look forward to.
PT – What can I say about PT? It is rough to be sure, but on Friday it was, in Jay’s words, “horrendous.” Apparently a member of Jay’s company told someone that PT wasn’t that bad (whatever!), and that comment got back to the PT staff. Uh-oh. They were NOT happy and they took it out on Company A for 2 hours on Friday morning. Jay was so sore when he arrived home on Friday; he was walking like a little old man. I loaded him up on Motrin and then we prayed that they wouldn’t have that kind of PT workout again this Monday.
Liberty – I am basically living from liberty to liberty. We took a trip up to Sacto on Wednesday to meet Jay at IKEA for dinner. It was so nice to see him. It provides us all with a much needed emotional boost. Jay also came home for the weekend, and we had a wonderful time just hanging out. Betsy watched the kids Saturday night (thanks, mom!) so that Jay and I could go on a date. (We saw Bee Movie... it was pretty cute!) The weekend went by way too fast, as always. The good news is that in a week and a half, Jay will have a 4 day Thanksgiving weekend! Whooo hoooo!!! I don’t think I could be more excited.
Bea watching Jay build a practice baton
My two favorite guys, enjoying the morning together


1 comment:
Isn't it great when you can finally get on a date without the kids, and all you can think to do is see a kids movie?
Post a Comment