Sunday, November 18, 2007

Just 22 more to go


Week number 5 of the CHP Academy has come and gone. In the words of Kip Dynamite... "yesss!" It's so nice to have another week crossed off.

So, can you tell Jay is losing weight, or what? He's lost somewhere between 12-15 pounds in the last 5 weeks. I have great plans for getting in shape myself while Jay's away... so far I've lost a grand total of ... drum roll.... 1 pound!!! No, I didn't forget a zero, it's only 1 (one) pound. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Let's compare my workout regime and diet to Jay's, just for fun.

Jay

  • Restricted 3-meals-a-day-no-snacks-except-maybe-an-apple diet
  • MWF: Wake up at 0-dark-30 for 45 minutes of intense physical training plus a 2 or so mile run
  • TTH: "Optional" PT, which really means "you-better-be-there-or-else PT", where he practices physical methods of arrest or does a shorter PT workout
  • 3 days a week - PMA class which includes boxing and baton practice
Amy
  • Run around like a chicken with it's head cut off and forget to eat breakfast until the girls are already eating lunch and I'm wondering why I'm so impatient and grumpy. Then eat half of Bea's PB&J that she left on her plate.
  • Get on the elliptical for an hour once every 5 weeks
Hmmmmm.... maybe I need to reevaluate my program. But for now, let's move on...

The highlight of Jay's week was PMA class. As you saw in the Week 4 post, Jay made a practice baton last weekend and really made it a priority to practice the PMA skills they've learned up to this point. On Wednesday during PMA the instructors called certain cadets to the front to lead the rest of the class in the various baton holds and draws, and no one was able to to lead properly. The instructor was getting highly agitated and finally yelled "Does anyone know how to do this?" Jay was the only one who rose his hand, so she selected him to lead and ... he did it! I guess the couple dollars spent on PVC pipe and electrical tape was worth it!

The next day, Company A showed up to PMA and there was a little surprise waiting for them. The PT mats were laid out in a large square on the gym floor, and a few of the instructors were dressed in heavily padded suits. They spent the next two hours "beating up" on the cadets one-on-one while the cadets tried to fight them off with a padded baton. And guess who was selected to go first? That's right! That's what you get when you show off your skills! Jay was nervous of course, but he stepped up to the plate and besides a big 'ol whack to the head, he did good and was able to fight off his attacker properly. He was then able to sit on the sidelines and cheer on his fellow cadets.

The rest of his week was the same as usual... tough PT workouts, various classes, tests, studying, boot polishing, etc. Next week he actually starts DOUBLE PT, which will last for the forseeable future. He's obviously not looking forward to that, but he's trying to keep a good attitude.

A highlight of my week was when I looked at the CHP blog and saw this picture of Jay in his cadet blues.


Another highlight of my week... the girls using me as their client as they pretended to be hairstylists like Auntie Jen.

And I think that's all for now. I'm spent. I hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Love the hair! I think Nat & Bea definitely have a bright future in the industry! I think I'm on the same diet you are... :)