Sunday, November 25, 2007

The longest 3 days & the shortest 4 days

For a short week, Week 6 sure did drag.

For Jay, it was a tough week physically because he started double PT and had it all three days. (Double PT means he does his company's floor workout then stays in the gym and joins the next company for their floor workout. He then goes on a run with that company. Ugh!)

It was tough academically because they had a pop quiz on Monday which at least half of Jay's class failed. The half that failed do not get liberty this coming Wednesday. And yes, Jay was in the half that failed.

It was a tough week emotionally because an officer was killed in the line of duty over the weekend prior. The cadets (along with the family, other officers, the CHP Commissioner, and the Governor) attended a bell-ringing ceremony in his honor on Monday. It is a terrible loss for the CHP family and obviously brings home the fact that Jay's chosen career is a dangerous one. We don't focus on that too much, of course, but it's always in the back of our minds. For more information on Officer Miller, click here.

So, needless to say, Jay was beyond exhausted when Wednesday finally came. Surprisingly enough, though, the staff let the cadets out early (gasp!) and Jay surprised me by showing up on our doorstep 2 hours earlier than normal! It was a happy ending to a long 3 days. I'm not even going to tell you why my 3 days were long, because frankly I just don't have the energy right now. It's amazing that I'm awake enough to even type right now.

Anyway... as is always the case, the next 4 days moved at the speed of lightening.

Thursday we had a very nice Thanksgiving at my mom's house, and then Friday we took a long winding drive into the Los Gatos hills to cut down our Christmas tree. We busted out the Christmas music and everything. We spent that afternoon decorating and telling the kids to stop touching the ornaments.


Friday evening my fantastic mom-in-law watched the kids while Jay and I did a little Christmas shopping. We were also going to see Enchanted, but we are getting old or something and decided to go home and sleep instead. I've heard good things about that movie though, so hopefully we'll get a chance to go another time.

Saturday we had a nice family day and took the kids to see Bee Movie, which they enjoyed, even if Beatrice spilled her water all over the theatre floor. Oh, Jay also helped my sister move that day. Dang ... we really had a busy weekend! Sunday was church, hanging out with Betsy, and saying a tearful goodbye to Jay. Blegh. It's really weird to dread Sundays, but I have to admit that I do. I only have to say goodbye 20 more times, though... I can do that.


Oh, and how could I forget? Our washing machine decided to gush water out all over the laundry room and kitchen floor. Good times!!! Luckily my landlord rocks and is having a new one delivered on Friday.

If you see me wearing the same jeans 3 days in a row, you'll know why.




1 comment:

Meghan said...

Ok girlie... let's make a deal... no more negligent blog reading on my part, and you call me when this stuff happens so I can help. Really - I hope you will.