Friday, August 29, 2008

It's too hot to blog.

It's too hot to do much of anything, actually. The kids and I ate PB&J sandwiches and grapes for dinner, and I am currently vegging out in front of the computer, all the lights turned off, the desk littered with Otter Pop wrappers.

I have never been pregnant in the summer before. Well, Natalie was born in late June, but I was on the other side of 30 then. I handled the heat a lot better. Except for the massive leg and foot swelling, but we don't need to get into that. Anyway, my point is, I'm pregnant, sweaty, and hot, we don't have air conditioning, and I can't motivate myself to do anything productive. Really, I mean anything. If we ever have to move anywhere that's really hot, I'm in trouble.

The kids enjoying the bigger kiddie pool... thanks, Grandma!



Dexter - from the pool to the dirt, and loving it.

Lookin' good, son.

5 comments:

Scott said...

we're pretty much in the same boat over here. Colleen took the kids to the mall last night and got some jamba. Darn the lack of a/c in rental houses!

Chris and Rita said...

Gramma Betsy always steps in when a kiddie pool is needed! (:
I feel your pain...I have 3 kids with August b-days!

Chris and Rita said...

Hi....Glad you like the pool! Miss you. Hi from the Enslow's house.
Mom

The Farrell Family said...

I feel for you. I do NOT do hot very well. I hope it cools off there soon! Thank goodness for Otter Pops and swimming pools! Cute pics of your kiddos.

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

The pool looks really nice, and my daughter has the same swimsuit (the one with cherrys). She absolutely loves it.

As far as being pregnant in the summer, with all three of my pregnancies, I have been fortunate enough to miss the summer. I really don't want to be pregnant in the summer either. We don't even have A/C. Good luck staying cool.