Thursday, August 14, 2008

First Pies, Now This?!

My quest for homemaking perfection adequacy continues! I have been - don’t faint now – sewing. Yes, it’s true. The last time I attempted a sewing project was when I made a telephone-shaped throw pillow in my 7th grade sewing class. I never finished it because I was too lazy to sew the opening shut. What? You had to do it by hand!

Anyway, I decided to start with an easy project – burp cloths! It’s been really fun. Here’s my first attempt:

(This is each side of a finished pair.)

Once I'm tired of making burp cloths, I think I'll attempt a retro style apron. You know, to complete my June Cleaver makeover.

5 comments:

Chris and Rita said...

Love it! Those are awesome! You go June Cleaver!!!!!

Brenda said...

Stop it. You're making me feel very inadequate. I'll accept an appology for giving me low self esteem anytime.

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

I think they look awesome. The shape is perfect, and I love the pattern. Keep it up!

The Fear Fam said...

Brenda - please accept my apologies. If it helps, I can't get a picture with all my kids looking at the camera at once, like you can. ;)

~A

Gramma Betsy said...

Good job Amy! I am proud of you.
Mom