I know someday I'll look back on this time and think, "Oh, how young Natalie was!" But right now, she seems so old and mature that it almost makes me cry. When did this happen? Sometime in between the laundry, dishes, family gatherings, school days, time outs, room cleanings, and play times, she started to grow up. In most ways, it is so much fun to watch and participate in her growing up... in other ways, it's dang scary.
Below are some highlights of her family birthday party. She was allowed to invite one guest, and then as a bonus some of her cousins happened to be in town. So it was a larger party than normal (for us), but it was still low-key and fun. The best part was seeing the look on her face when she opened the much-hoped-for Buzz Lightyear action figure. That's my girl.
P.S. I feel like I haven't posted much about Bea lately. Maybe that's because she's not running around chasing after boys. :) I promise that she is still part of the family and is as ornery independent and adorable as ever. Here is a picture of her and Natalie after I took them to Build-a-Bear so that Natalie could spend a gift card she received for her birthday. Luckily, Bea still had some birthday money left so she could buy one, too... it could have gotten ugly.

Bea, "Star," Natalie, and "Lovey"
5 comments:
Love that "teethy" smile!
That was nice that they both could get bears. They are adorable...all 4 of them.
Mom
Happy Birthday Natalie! We miss seeing you on Wednesday nights :) I like the picture of them with their bears... so cute!
Happy Birthday Natalie! And are all 2nd children "independant"? I didn't sign up for that.
Happy Birthday Natalie! Looks like a fun birthday. :)
Post a Comment