Thursday, June 5, 2008

Mare-widge...

You are cordially invited
to the wedding of

Natalie
&
Connor

*Registered at Toys R Us*


So ... my daughter has proposed to a boy in her class. I saw the note, complete with a picture of her in a veil and declarations of "so so so so so so so so" much love. As she went to put the note in her school bag in order to give it to him the next day, I said (in as non-panicky voice as I could muster) "It's fun to pretend about getting married, isn't it?"

"I'm really not pretending, Mom."

Uh-oh.

I thought about swiping the note out of her bag but was afraid that she would notice, so I decided to just let it go. Then I took her to school... where I promptly ran into Connor's mom. The first thing she said to me was, "Oh, I saw Natalie's note to Connor!"

I panicked. "What note?!?!?!??!"

"Oh, the one where she tells him she loves him and wants to marry him."

She already gave him a note?!? Oh fantastic. I must have been five shades of red as I laughed it off with Connor's mom, all the while plotting a reason to go into Natalie's classroom and snatch the second (or third or fourth) love letter from her bag, lest she come across as a stalker.

Luckily, when she got home I noticed that she had forgotten to give him the note. Phew! I snuck it out of her bag for the greater good, and thankfully she hasn't asked about it yet. I am trying not to mention anything about Connor in hopes that this slight obsession will pass quickly. The fact that Connor is having an ultra-cool pirate birthday party on Saturday probably doesn't help my cause, though.

Here's the picture, complete with veil for the lady and matching crowns. I won't show you the other side... it's too personal.

7 comments:

Gramma Betsy said...

My Goodness! Connor must be someone very special. What a cute picture. I noticed the same LARGE butterfly in a picture that Natalie had drawn for me was also at the Wedding. Natalie is so sweet.
I miss you all.
Mom

Robert and Katie said...

I hope I am invited to the wedding :)

Brenda said...

Is he hot? Does he have a solid finacial future? Is he hot?

Dave Van Tassell said...

But who [is his] mother? [His] uncles and aunts?

Did you expect me to rejoice in the inferiority of [his] connections?

The Fear Fam said...

Ha! Nicely done, Dave (or should I say, Stacy?) :)

Dave Van Tassell said...

No no, that was me. While my wife may still best me at my Pride & Prejudice knowledge (she has after actually read the book) I take pride in my consumption of the BBC version and judge those who don't.

The Farrell Family said...

I love this post! I am totally cracking up here. What a funny girl. :)