~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I often joke with Jay that one of the main reasons I married him was for his last name. Let's face it, as much as I honor and respect my maiden name, Fear is a lot cooler - and shorter - than Teutschman. However, when it comes to naming babies, it can be a little difficult to work with. I am forever vetoing perfectly good first names based on their relationship to our last name, which any experienced baby-namer will tell you is a good practice, anyway. In our case, however, some of the combinations we've vetoed are pretty funny. Therefore, I submit to you a list of:
Baby Names That Are Permanently Out of Consideration (so don't ask!)
Noah Fear
Will Fear
Warren Fear
Neville Fear
Lucy Fear
Helen Fear
Oh, and any combination such as Isaac Michael or Ivy Margaret, due to the unfortunate initials I.M. Fear. (And no, Natalie's middle name is not Olivia.) By the way, I do realize that Bea Fear is almost a sentence and therefore should have been vetoed, but since her full name is Beatrice we went for it anyway. It was a tough decision, I assure you.
Are there any other funny "Fear" combinations you can think of, without making up first names? (Showno doesn't count, people.)


5 comments:
I am hurt that you did not have a post about UT baby names. SO many to choose from.
That's coming Rita! I promise! I told you this was only Part 1. :)
~A
I look forward to parts 2,3,4...the rest of the story.
'Shawna' would kind of be like Showno. What do you think?
Mom
I still am going with "Cape"
or... "Alotto"
The best combo name I heard was on the first day of an English course during my undergrad.
Teacher (calling roll): "Charity...[giggle]... Ball?"
Charity: "Here... but I got married and that's my maiden name."
Teacher: "OK. What's your married name?"
Charity: "Fails."
Never EVER name your children nouns.
----
Also, baby naming is not a pleasant experience for us. I'm an ubertraditionalist (George, Oswald, Thibault, etc.) while Brooke has to pass every name through her high school yearbook to see if there were any "icky" people with that name.
Post a Comment