We attended Natalie’s kindergarten graduation and I have to say, it was adorable. Jay was able to get off an hour early so he was able to attend as well, which was a very happy surprise for Natalie, who thought he wasn’t coming.
The program consisted of the kids singing songs and reciting poems, and then receiving their diplomas. Natalie is a natural performer. I could tell she was having a blast and was proud of herself to boot. I have to admit I got a little teary eyed once or twice.

The program ended with a very cute DVD slideshow, which we were all given a copy of. (Don’t worry, I won’t subject you to it!) The best part was the video clips of all the kids saying their name and what they wanted to be when they grew up. Most of the kids had standard answers like policeman, fireman, or teacher, although one little girl said “a Raider cheerleader,” which made me chuckle. I figured I knew what Natalie was going to say. She almost always says a painter or “just a regular mom like you.” But not this time...
“My name is Natalie and when I grow up I want to go to work at Toys R Us.”
It was a fantastic - and very honest - answer that drew quite a bit of laughter from the crowd. Too bad it’s not a very high-paying career.
So, now I am the mom of a first grader. Hard to believe! Kindergarten was a great experience for Natalie and I have been really impressed with her teacher, Miss Bingham, and with the school in general. I only hope next year goes as well!
Congratulations, Natters! You rock!


3 comments:
I know that Danica, Chris and Jack thought the ceremony was nice. I wish I could have been there. Love you,
Mom
Way to set your sights high Nat! Congrats on your graduation cute girl!
Oh, that is classic!! That is something my kids would've said!
Post a Comment