Friday, June 20, 2008

Natalie's first love - an update

Lest anyone think that my daughter's obsession with her classmate Connor dissipated after my first report, I decided I should provide a follow up.

On the last day of school, which happened to be a field trip, Natalie was given a ride with, you guessed it, Connor and his mom. When I picked her up from the field trip, we had the following conversation:

N: "Mom, Connor knows I wants to marry him."
Me: "Well, yes, didn't you give him a note telling him that?"
N: (ignoring me) "Today Connor came up to me and said 'I like you.'"
Me: "And what did you say?"
N: "I said 'Me too.'"
Me: (some kind of grunt)
N: "Then he said, 'Do you want to marry me?'"
Me: "And what did you say?"
N: (very shyly) "And I did this (nodding head) *very* slowly. Then he walked away and I stood there and watched them."

Oh heaven help me... "I stood there and watched him?!?" I am so glad it's summer. I think I'll call the school and make sure they aren't in the same first grade class.

Also, when I was going through the buckets of paperwork the school sent home, I found this:

If you can't read it, it says "Miss Bingham will feel very happy. She will be so proud for us. We will be so happy." It is accompanied by a drawing of Miss Bingham, Natalie, and Connor. So... I'm not sure what Natalie's talking about. It's either graduation, or her upcoming nuptials...

I also found this, which really has nothing to do with Natalie professing undying love, but cracked me up nonetheless:

Then you flip it over:


Rub it in a little more, why don't you?

5 comments:

Jeremy said...

Isn't it funny how kids draw grown-ups as people with really long bodies, but with the same size arms and legs as the kids?

Gramma Betsy said...

Amy, you crack me up!!!
It is so cute...
Miss you.
Mom

Chris and Rita said...

Just wait til she's getting ready for the prom and Bea isn't.

dandj said...

Ha ha ha ha!!!

The Farrell Family said...

I love this little love saga. It cracks me up. I for one hope that they are in the same class next year. :)