Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Baby names... Poll time!

Methinks it's time for another fun-filled poll!

The last poll indicated that 66% of you think Baby #4 is a boy, 11% are thinking girl, and 22% of you copped out and chose "one of the above." I don't know why I even gave you that option. I should have known better.

And now it's time to poll baby names. Yee-haw!

My love for names knows no bounds. I don't know where the obsession comes from. Perhaps it comes from having the 2nd most popular name of the entire 1970's. (My sister, Jennifer, beat me by having the #1 most popular name.) Having such a popular name regulated me to being "Amy T." my entire schooling life. I didn't mind too much then, but looking back now I realize there was a reason I secretly wanted to go by my middle name. (Janelle, thank you for asking.)

Anyway... enough about me and my neurosis.

Note that the winning name doesn't automatically get bestowed on Baby. In fact, knowing me, the baby could very possibly be named something else that's not even currently on the list - like Cletus.

Yes, I just watched Hoosiers.
No, I wouldn't seriously chose Cletus.
At least not today.

And with that... check out the polls to the right and cast your votes! Make sure to vote in both polls!

6 comments:

Jeremy said...

1. for the love of Stephanie Meyer, DO NOT name your child Edward.

2. Edmund would be a good alternative.

3. Cletus is the "slack-jawed yokel" on the Simpsons. His wife is Brandeen.

4. We almost named Miles Calvin. It was a toss-up, but we decided to avoid the nickname "Cal." Now that we see Miles is a short blond kid with an over active imagination and more than just a little attitude, maybe we should have gone for Calvin.

5. We like Henry, but will probably spell it Henri.

The Fear Fam said...

Ha! Edward would be after my grandpa, thank you very much... NOT the vampire.

Just wanted to clear that up.

Allie and Spencer said...

I love baby names! Especially when it's OTHER people's baby names... naming my own kids is too much pressure. Good luck! PS- you should be able to shorten it to 3 letters like "Dex" and "Nat"... then the baby won't feel left out.

The Fear Fam said...

Good point, Allie. Calvin can be shortened to Cal, so that fits the pattern. I guess Katherine could be Kat (although I like Kate better), and Margaret could be Mag, but I think I'm stretching it there. :)

Brenda said...

I voted for Henry and Eliza. But Edmund was right up there. It sounds...wealthy.

Stacey said...

So, I voted for Edward and I'm not going to reveal how much that was or was not influenced by the fact that I just finished Breaking Dawn. :-)