We're moving. Again.
We are going to be moving to
We don't have a firm moving date yet, but it will most likely be the end of August/beginning of September, so that we can get the girls enrolled in school.
I have to admit, I have mixed emotions about the move, even though it was my idea in the first place. There are many, many wonderful advantages to making this particular change, but there are so many things I am going to miss about where we live now. Our friends. Our ward. Our neighborhood. The girls' school. Being close to Powell's and Icing on the Cake. BUT, the truth of the matter is, I know this is the right move for us, and nothing can change that. So I'm about to become an end-of-the-dirt-road kind of gal, and it's going to be fun.
The girls are thrilled beyond description. The thought of seeing Grandma everyday is enough to make their tiny heads explode. So far it outweighes their concerns about a new school and new church, but I'm sure once they get their head around it all, a little bit of sadness will set in. I have promised them trips to visit friends. I know they'll need it... and so will I.
So that's what's happening here. What's new with you?


9 comments:
Awsome! I am sure that you are bumbed about the move but Prunedale could really use more awsome LDS Families! School starts the second week of August (I will see if I can get an actuall start date for you)!
The first day of the 2008-2009 school year is August 13. Let me know if you are looking for a OBGYN or Pediatrician (mine are in Capitola but I LOVE them).
Thanks Meg! I didn't think school was starting that early. I appreciate the info!!
Last week after church, Summer said "Natalie says she is moving to her Grandma's and won't come to our school anymore." Sad faces followed. I figured I'd wait until it was officially announced before I told you that we are bummed and will totally miss you guys. But, as you said, right is right! Let us know when/how we can help with the transition.
Yeah that's not okay with me! Seriously Rachel is going to be the only kid left in primary one of these days! Sounds like a good thing for you guys though...we'll miss you! For sure come visit (I'll even go to Icing on the Cake with you!)
Please don't move while you are pregnant (if you can help it). I did it when I was 5 months pregnant. It wasn't fun packing AND unpacking...BUT on that note, it was nice when we were all settled in as you get to redecorate again.
Good luck with your move. You made me miss San Jose for just a second with your reminders about the yummy places to eat. Maybe Jay could just bring you some yummies home after his shift? I think there is another officer that lives in Prunedale...maybe they could commute together. Speaking of Capitola-have you been to Shadowbrook?
It's a good thing we didn't listen to you when you tried to talk us in to coming to San Jose... you would have ditched us! haha I'm happy you are moving closer to us! We need to get together soon! Happy Packing! :)
Mmmm. Icing on the Cake. I miss them. And I empathize with the moving thing. Have fun packing!
Post a Comment