At 6:30 this evening I got a call from my friend and fellow cadet wife, Katie, who frantically asked me, "So, where are you guys going?!?" It took me a minute to know what she was talking about. Then it clicked. She wanted to know where we had been assigned. I told her we didn't know yet and she said, "Well, some of the wives are posting their assignments online." (We have a CHP Wives group on MySpace.) I freaked out! How come Jay hadn't called me yet?!?
I spent the next hour ignoring my children as I sat by the phone and continually refreshed my browser to read where my fellow CHP Wives were headed, and still, no phone call. I got the kids in bed. No phone call. The normal appointed call time of 8 o'clock came, and still, no phone call. 8:30. 8:45. 9:00. Finally, at 9:15 or so the phone rang. I answered as quickly as possible and told Jay in no uncertain terms that he was not to mess around with me and to just tell me where we were assigned. He paused, and I just knew he was thinking of a way to mess with me anyway, so I made a few threats and he finally told me. And now, I get to tell you... drum roll, please....
East LA
Kidding! (Sorry, I had to)
Do you know the way to ... SAN JOSE, baby?!?!
That's right! We get to stay put right here. No frantic searching for a place to live. No desperate hunting for a good school district. No packing up my extremely unorganized garage. And no 9th move in 7 years. I am so happy I could just sing!!! Or eat a whole pan of cookie bars! Or both!!
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
Yeah! We are so happy for you!(:
What a relief! We're so glad you'll be staying! Now get to those cookie bars :)
Hooray! Hooray! We're so glad you're staying!
We're so happy for you!!!
mmmm, cookie bars...
YIPEE! For you and for us! Congratulations and hang in there - you're almost done!
CONGRATS! And I vote you sing and eat at the same time! You deserve it!
Congratulations! That's Great! I have been checking in on you and Jay occasionally (I got the link from Don & Ashley). I really enjoy reading your blog. Jay has always been like an extra little brother.
Meg
That is SO AWESOME!!!
I'm so happy for you. We moved 10 times in 10 years, so I know how that goes... moving stinks!
Congrats guys! That is great news and we are so happy for you!
We are so happy that you guys are staying local! Yay! Now maybe we can actually hang out more (since Bren is now working in San Jose also). Yippee! Congrats!
Post a Comment