Nothing really news-worthy happened at the Academy this past week. The cadets have a little more free time than usual, but basically they can only use it to study. Yawn. Jay did use some free time at lunch the other day to play around on the Skid Pan, which was fun. But he doesn't get to do that everyday.
One of the benefits of being close to graduation is that the PT Staff is now letting the Seniors run their own PT sessions. The staff is there, of course, but they aren't leading the workout. The Seniors can go at their own pace (as long as they're not slacking) and they can even listen to music! Nice! It's turning into a country club out there! ;) Also, now that the Seniors have their assignments, they can decorate their PT shirts to show where they will be going. People usually put the freeway symbols and maybe pictures of things that the area is known for. Here is Jay's:
The first day that they wore their decorated shirts, one of the PT staff started giving Jay a hard time about the Ebay and Yahoo logos:
Officer: FEAR! What's all this computer crap on your shirt?
Jay: Sir, these companies are based in San Jose and that's where I'm going.
Pause.
Officer: That's pretty dang creative.
Of course yesterday another officer gave him a hard time about it as well, asking if he was sponsored. It was good natured, though. The staff has been much cooler to Jay's class now that graduation is looming. The Seniors need to be careful that they don't get too relaxed, however, because the Staff is bound to turn on them if they do.
In other news, things have been moving along well on the home front. All three kids are healthy and usually happy. Last week Natalie was Student of the Week! This wasn't the special kindergarten student of the week award, it was the school-wide student of the week award. We are very proud of her, and I am especially happy that the award didn't come with one of those bumper stickers. I just don't think I could do it.
My little tourists
Dexter's first ride - the Goldfish!
Natalie and Bea on the Tubs-of-Fun, otherwise known as The Spinny Things
Just chillin'
Bea and Grandma on the Artichoke Dip
Right before Dex started imitating me saying "Weeeeeee!"
Waving to his fans
Sunday drive circa 1920
"Mommy, when can I drive a real car?"
"When you're 16."
"That's going to take a long time."


3 comments:
You could have left my pictures out of there.... It was a great day. The pictures of the kids are precious.
Mom
Oooohhhhh, I wish we could live in CA by you guys. That looks like so much fun. I LOVE "Farnfonte" Gardens.
Tell Jay that Adam recognized the Ebay symbol right off the bat while looking at your blog. He started singing the Weird Al ebay song.
cool shirt! So,was Gilroy Gardens crowded on Saturday? I'm trying to pick a good day to go.
Post a Comment