Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Growing up...

When Natalie first told me that she had a "wiggly tooth," I nearly cried. I was happy - even a little giddy - for her, but I was also a tad pouty and sad for myself. It was almost as if her future flashed before my eyes... first a wiggly tooth, then sleepovers, then driver's training, then hanging out at the mall, and then something even more terrifying - boys!!

Okay, so I'm being slightly melodramatic but the essential point is this: my baby is growing up. And here is the evidence:

The first one to go - Friday, February 29, 2008
RIP Central Incisor

The tooth fairy that visited our house that night was a novice - it was her first gig, in fact. She actually had to call her boss to double check a few procedures, like whether or not she should take the tooth with her when she left. I let her use our phone, so I overheard the whole thing. She got it all sorted out though, and in the morning Natalie tiptoed into my room with a big smile on her face, showing off her spoils:

She already has her second wiggly tooth. I'm telling ya... just a few steps away from her asking for the keys to the 'Rolla...

3 comments:

Scott said...

How accomadating of you to let Ms Fairy use your phone.

Super cute pics, btw.

thomalee said...

Wow, what a big girl! I know I'll be sad about the first loose tooth too! I remember leaving my first teeth for the tooth fairy. I was so devastated when she took them I wrote a note and asked for them back...lucky the "tooth fairy" still had them :)

Brenda said...

Congrats! Preston left the toothfairy a note asking her to leave the tooth. She was so obliging.