Friday, January 18, 2008

Well, at least she's thinking about others...

At school the other day, Natalie was asked to draw a picture of something she would like to buy for one of her family members and how many pennies she thought it would cost. Imagine my surprise when I pulled the following picture out of her bag:

It's a good thing her teacher knows Jay is going to be a police officer, otherwise I'm sure I would have received a telephone call!

As a side note, if anyone knows where they sell guns for 6 cents, please let me know. Thanks!

6 comments:

Janet + Craig said...

What did Jay think of that one???

Here's hoping for a fast evening!

The Dinner Belle said...

Very cute picture! On another note, I just read your post about your car accident - how terrifying! Everyday is precious and being "just a mom" is no small task. I used to feel funny about telling people that I was just a mom - espically professional people that Matt works with - you know the question from some well dressed woman, "So, what do YOU do?" I changed my tune when a very successful female doctor told me how lucky I was and that all she wanted was to stay home with her babies. I resolved then that the next time someone asked me I would say that I felt SO, SO lucky to stay home with my kids. And the truth is, I really belive that. I am so lucky. I can see that you feel that way too. Sometimes it's hard when you feel like a single mom - I feel that way a lot. Hang in there. You are being a great support to Jay.

Brenda said...

Maybe you could find a cheap gun on ebay, but would you really want one? Cute post!

Chris and Rita said...

Love it! That is so funny. I'll have to tell you about a picture that Kathryn drew in 1st grade that warranted a phone call home.

Meghan said...

That could have been a very interesting call... :)

megh said...

hilarious. that's all i have to say. we miss you guys so much and need to hang out soon!