Jesus wants me for a sunbeam, to shine for him each day!
Sunday was Beatrice's first day as a Sunbeam!
For those of you who are not LDS, Sunbeam is the name of the youngest class in Primary, our church's organization for kids ages 3-12.
Because I teach the 11/12 year olds in Primary, I was able to watch Bea during opening exercises and singing time. It was so cute to see her sitting in her little chair, singing along to the songs as best as she could. She is in a small class - 3 little blond girls and one cute little boy. I think she's going to have a great time.
Sunday afternoon I asked Bea if she had fun (she did) and what her lesson was on. She turned to me with a big cheesy grin and answered, "I am a child of God!" I thought it was so great that she actually remembered! When she was in the nursery the only thing she remembered was what they had for snack.
Natalie also started her new Primary class. She is now a CTR 6 (meaning she's in a class with other kids that will turn 6 years old this year). She seemed to really like her new teacher, and she already knows all the kids in her class so that wasn't anything to worry about. I noticed, though, that she has a bit of a problem paying attention when seated next to a certain friend. I'm hoping it was just due to the excitement of changing classes, but we'll see. This was also the first Sunday that she brought her own scriptures to church... she looked very cute and proud with her little improvised scripture bag. (It's really a carrier for one of her stuffed animals.) :)


2 comments:
Amy, what darling little ones you have! My Andy started Sunbeams on Sunday too. Our ward does their Priamary activities on Friday nights often and it will be fun to be able to send 2 kids off to those while Matt and I dash out for a quick date!! :)
Thanks for your post about our hospital stay. We are glad to be home but I am know very aware of all of the work it will take to get Alex eating well. It comsumes my whole day. I keep telling Matt that I need a cleaning lady (jokingly - sort of) in order to keep things running smoothly while I am engrossed in therapy or feeding. He's not going for it - but I have managed to con him into cleaning lots of dishes and toilets. He's such a help to me. We'll make it thru.
John is a sunbeam now, too! When he got home he told me that the fireman,policeman,teacher,and doctor are all "child of gods". It was so sweet.
And Roodles is in CTR 5 and Chris just got called to be his teacher tonight.(:
Adam and John both have their own "Scrippers"(scriptures) now.(they are free at DI)Their names are pasted in the front cover.John will look inside for the "J" for John and say,"I got my scrippers Mom."It is so sweet!
Post a Comment