"I'm at the doctor's. I pulled, maybe tore, my quad."
This is when I started to freak out. Internally, of course.
Then the questions started:
Are you OK?
What did the doctor say?
Who took you to the doctor?
Is it serious?
Are they giving you a hard time?
Jay answered me patiently just like he usually does. He was definitely in pain and also feeling pretty down. The staff gave him a hard time for being injured and wanting to see the doctor (although last time he was injured they kept asking him over and over again if he wanted to see a doctor even though he told them no. You just can't win.) Jay was allowed to call me because the staff member who brought him and two other cadets to the doctor told him, "Go ahead and call someone who cares, because I don't." Nice! Thank you sir!
Anyway, the injury came about when he was completing his final run for his PFT test. He actually finished the run in spite of the pain, and got a better score than the first time he tested weeks ago, injury free! Talk about motivation to finish!
So it turns out that the injury is most likely a pulled muscle and not a tear, thank the Lord. And I'm not being blasphemous, I really mean Thank the Lord! A serious injury gets you sent packing, and we certainly don't want that. Jay is on light duty until at least Friday, when he goes back to the doctor. He's feeling confident that he will be better by then. Thank goodness he's confident... it leaves me free to freak out. Internally, of course. (Wait, didn't I already say that?)
***P.S.*** If anyone can name the reference for this post title, I'll send you some sort of prize. Really, I will (although don't get too excited about it.). Be the first one to leave a comment with the correct answer!


5 comments:
So I Married an Axe Murderer
--jeremy
Wow, I didn't think someone would get it that fast! Just goes to show that my friends have the same weird sense of humor that I do.
Congrats, Jeremy! Send me your new address (fearfam at sbcglobal dot net) and your prize will be on the way! :)
~Amy
Dang. I knew that one too. Harriet, sweet Harriet, you acted cukoo cause you thought I would leave you...Hope he's feeling better:)
I finally got my google account so I can comment....
Of course I also knew "We have a piper down"....
I love the blog....thanks for keeping us up to date.
Mom
Post a Comment