Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Exploring

This past Thursday, my good friend Joyce, along with her children, came to keep me company for a few days. It was a lovely visit, but alas, I have no pictures! I was too busy chatting with Joyce to take out the camera, except for one fuzzy and altogether not-too-flattering picture of our children sitting together, so I think I'll skip posting that one.

Joyce and I took the kids to the Folsom Zoo (tiny, but fun), a small local park, and The Big Spoon, which is the new Fear Family hangout. It was such fun to have a friend to explore with while Jay was away, bringin' home the bacon.

On one of Jay's days off, my family did a little more exploring (sans Joyce & kids - they headed back home). We decided to check out a highly-recommended place in Sacramento called Fairytale Town. Think Happy Hollow - park side - but in better shape and with a fairytale theme. It was very cute. So cute that we bought a membership so that I can take the kids whenever I want. It will be especially good to take the boys' when the girls are in school (shhhh, don't tell them I said that).

Who knew there were so many things to see in this new locality of ours? We haven't even scratched the surface.



King Arthur's Castle


The Pirate Ship


The Cinderella Carriage


Jack & The Beanstalk Slide


5 comments:

Gramma Betsy said...

Looks like fun.....
Mom

just us said...

Love Fairy Tale Town. I went there a bunch as a kid and now I get to take my munchikins. We should meet up there some time.

The Fear Fam said...

Yes, Missy! An excellent idea! You have my email address, right? Let's set something up. :)

Chris and Rita said...

I so happy to hear that you are finding hidden treasures of fun in your new surroundings. (:

thomalee said...

Look at all your fun new places...we almost went to Fairtytale Town the other weekend, and it looks like we should have :) Guess we'll have to come back. p.s. I'm glad you got all moved, the house looks great!