Yes, I know in the grand scheme of things, 2 1/2 hours away isn't really that far, but the reality is that as a mom of four young children whose friends all have young children, it will be harder to get together, especially during the school year. Perhaps if we start scheduling weekend visits now, we will be sure to come back to San Jose before the kids are teenagers!
This week has been full of wonderful people helping out our family in wonderful ways. From friends inviting us over to dinner so I don't have to cook, to people volunteering to watch our children so that I can pack, to our fantastic friend and babysitter, Kymber, bringing over a constant supply of newspaper for wrapping dishes, etc., and our dear friends the Oler's loaning us their truck. Added to all that are the many well-wishes and expressions of friendship we've received. I feel so very blessed. Thank you all for your support and friendship. I will miss you all more than I can express without bursting into tears (which I already did for the whole hour of Relief Society on Sunday). Thank you, thank you, thank you.
And now, I will take a deep breath and plunge into the rest of my packing, and hope that my excitement overtakes my sadness. It has been a blessed 5 years in San Jose. I will always be grateful for it.


4 comments:
I miss San Jose too. Cool people live there. And what are you doing up at 4:41am?
Good luck with the move. It is always hard to leave wonderful people and places. Sacramento will have so many great things for you and your family. What an exciting adventure!
I feel your sadness and gladness......good luck with your move tomorrow.
Your sweet family will be missed. You need to keep bloggin so we know how your doing in your NEW HOME!! That is so exciting. Welcome to home ownership!!
Post a Comment