Monday, May 11, 2009

My Mother's Day, in pictures (kind of)

The day started with this:


Continued with this:

(imagine a picture of me taking a two hour nap *before* church)

Included this:


Then there was this:

(imagine a picture of a very yummy dinner that I didn't lift a finger preparing)

And was capped off by this:


Jay made this beautiful hardcover book of our children for my Mother's Day gift. I absolutely love it.

Overall, it was a wonderful day, thanks to my thoughtful husband and adorable children. We also had my mother-in-law Betsy up for the weekend, which is always great. Jay was able to give her the hour-long DVD slideshow of her life that he has been preparing for her over the past several months, and it was very well received. We were all in tears by the end of it. 

You know, it's true what they say... if you want to know how a man will treat his spouse, just take a look at how he treats his mother. She & I both lucked out.  

Thanks for a great Mother's Day, family! I love you. 

Betsy opening her DVD

Watching the DVD & getting teary 
(notice I didn't include a picture of me watching it)

6 comments:

Jeremy said...

Jay's been hitting the iMac pretty hard, I see.

:)

The Fear Fam said...

You know it! :)

Brenda said...

Happy Momma's Day!

Chris and Rita said...

You deserve all of it!
I started out the day in a big bubble bath with a bowl of PBCC (peanut butter cap'n crunch). (:

Gramma Betsy said...

It was a wonderful day!!
Thank you Jay and Amy!!!
Mom

Sara said...

What an awesome day! I can tell from you MIL's face that she LOVED that video. What a perfect gift. And YEAH! for naps. :)