Sunday, May 31, 2009

Little Things That Make Me Happy

So, I'm feeling just a tad overwhelmed these days. It's not just because of the upcoming move, either, but that certainly is a large part of it. I'm worried about getting everything done, and I'm worried about moving to a new place and making new friends. I'm worried about my kids making the adjustment. I'm worried about our TV fitting into the built-in's. I'm worried about the house inspections taking place tomorrow. I'm worried about living in a town without an In & Out Burger.

I'm also worried about my grandparents, the direction our country is headed, fitting all our junk in one moving van, and the rising price of gas.

Phew! Told you I was feeling overwhelmed!

When I feel this way, though, the best thing for me to do is to summon my inner Maria Von Trapp and think about things that make me happy. Such as:

1) Waking up to a clean sink, with all the dishes done
2) The upcoming summer vacation - no hustling to get everyone out the door on time!
3) Pinecrest! Just two more weeks and we'll be there.
4) Cleaning out my old diaper bag and finding an unused $50 gift card to Target - score!
5) Dexter using his new vocabulary to tell me dinner was "yummy." 
6) Mother's cookies are back! (And I've done my part to help them in these Tough Economic Times, let me tell ya.)
7) Jay taking me on a date to see "UP," and making me laugh in line while we waited 45 minutes for it to start.
8) My Dwight bobblehead
9) Raindrops, and roses, and whiskers on kittens... 
10) Ok, that last one was a lie. Except roses. Those I do like. 

There, I'm feeling better already! Maria really was on to something!


Up next, another lesson from Maria: making kids' clothes out of old curtains!

8 comments:

Powers Fam said...

I would be sad about the In and Out Burger also. Ours is just around the corner. In fact, Cliff wouldn't move to Buellton because there isn't an In and Out or Costco. So instead he drives 30 minutes to work. Go figure.

Be sure to save receipts from your move bc you might be able to write them off. :) That should make you a little happier!

Vivi said...

There may not be any in Cameron Park, but they are nearby. I'll make sure you know where they all are. Let me know the next time you are up (and have some breathing room)! I'm just a hop, skip and a jump away.

Chris and Rita said...

Whip up a few outfits for my kids while your at it, will ya? (: I insist it be the same beautiful fabric Maria used...my boys would love it!

Hey, two more days until your lovely sister-in-law arrives in CA. (:

Gramma Betsy said...

Amy, I love you!
Mom

The Spencers said...

Amy, your posts always make me smile! I love the Dwight bobble-head!

Anonymous said...

Nice LIFE VEST in that boat, Jay.

:-/

-haw haw.

Your redneck brother in law.

Maren said...

Wow Amy! I had no idea you had such big exciting plans for the summer! (I guess you didn't either...) We will definitely miss you guys.

Sara said...

I am so behind in my blogs, and holy cow you have so much going on!!!
Buying a house is exciting and frustrating all at the same time. Word of advise, don't get emotionally attached until they had you the key. Anything and everything can come up before then. And you have a Dwight bobblehead. My husband would be so jealouss!