Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Beatrice, Our Blond Bomber


Happy 5th Birthday to our beautiful Bea!


Bea was very anxious to get her party started. It was only a small family gathering, but she did invite one good friend and was on the lookout for her starting at about 9 a.m. Too bad the party didn't start until 2! 

She had a great time being the special birthday girl. She didn't even mind that I almost completely ruined her Tinkerbell cake. Thank goodness for my mom and my mother-in-law, both of whom rescued my sorry self and stopped me from sending Jay to the store for a last-minute cake replacement.

Today Bea is officially 5. That's a little hard for me to wrap my head around. She is definitely ready for kindergarten, though. I think she was a little disappointed to learn that you don't get to go immediately upon turning 5. It might be a long summer... 

Here are a few pictures from her day...
(yes, she is dressed like a witch in half of them)

5 comments:

Chris and Rita said...

We love her shades!

Sara said...

What a cutie. Happy Birthday!

Scott said...

Yay Bea!

Maren said...

Happy Birthday Bea! Even before I saw the pictures I knew her one friend would be Syd--those girls are two hilarious inseparable peas in a pod!

thomalee said...

She is seriously adorable! Happy Birthday Bea!!