Monday, January 19, 2009

It happened already...

So, today I went to change Dexter's diaper (don't worry, this is not a poop story. Stay with me...) and when I went to grab a diaper out of the basket in the living room, it was empty. Normally that's no big deal, but I knew I had one more of his diapers left in there. I shrugged it off, got another diaper from his bedroom, and went on with my life.

A little while later, Jay found the missing Size 5:

You would think I would have noticed that my newborn had a diaper covering 75% of his body, but NO. Man, if I'm this scatterbrained with Jay here, can you imagine what I'm going to be like tomorrow?

8 comments:

Jeremy said...

LOL... It actually doesn't look that bad on Calvin. I mean, if he had been a 5-pound baby, *then* it would be ridiculous...

Plus, think of how long it would take him to... you know... fill that one up.

I think we're growing accustomed to the scatterbraininess of it all...What day is it anyway? Has the semester started yet? No? Then what does it matter?

Wake me up for midterms....

I'm sorry, was I saying something??? *must.* *sleep.* But first I need to change another diaper.

Greg and Shellie Lomenick said...

What mom hasn't stuck a 3 times too big diaper on their baby?

Gramma Betsy said...

I love the picture!!! Calvin is changing so much...
(not quite enough to wear a size 5, but he is looking so much older)
Great story.
Mom

Powers Fam said...

I hope your day went well without Jay! I can remember going back to work when Julia was 3 months old. Cliff worked graves and then watched Julia while I worked. He called me at work one day wondering where to start in cleaning Julia up after she blew out her diaper so bad that it was up her back and in her hair. I laughed and said gotta go sweetie.....class is starting! :)

Nikki said...

Oh my gosh! That is too funny! This has happened to me too, just not yet with Viv. Just think - that diaper held more! hahaha

robin said...

that is the CUTEST baby!!!

Sara said...

Hey, we know that NO diaper can hold newborn poop. So using a SIZE 5.... is a not so silly idea sometimes.
Great story!

Michelle said...

I laughed so hard when i saw this because I have also done this to Derrick :) But now Derrick is in 3's compared to Lily's 4's... it's amazing how fast they grow!