Jay returns to work in exactly one week. He has been home since the week of Thanksgiving, and I frankly have no idea how I'm going to survive without him. I'm actually going to have to take Natalie to school in the morning, which means packing up all four kids for a 5-minute round trip. And I'm going to have to *gasp* make dinner by myself! AND, as if that weren't bad enough, I'm going to have to take the kids with me to the grocery store!
Ok, maybe not. The grocery store will have to wait for Jay's days off.
I don't know how I'm going to fit in showering and getting dressed every day. Maybe those will have to wait for Jay's days off, too.
(kidding on the shower part... maybe)
It has been a joy to have Jay home for the past 7 or so weeks. And I mean that honestly, not the way I mean it when Dexter is screaming his head off and doing the straight-back-I-refuse-to-get-in-my-carseat-dance and I respond with a fake smile and a "You're a joy and a treasure, son!" Really, Jay has been fantastic. You would think we would get sick of each other after spending so much time together, but I think I speak for both of us when I say it was wonderful. I can't wait for our retirement years. Maybe I should make a paper chain...
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
And I thought I was busy with my 2.5 kids. hah hah Seriously, you are one strong mama!
I'm glad to hear that you actually enjoyed having your husband home. So refreshing to hear that you know?
Amy, you are so sweet. I am glad you said 'Yes' when Jay proposed!
I love you.
Mom
I'm so looking forward to October-Cliff's next month off. He took two months off when Julia was born and I was so spoiled because we could do or go anywhere we wanted. Maybe Jay could buy back some years and retirement would come faster.
That's so nice that Jay got to stay home with you for awhile. Best of luck without him there! You can do it woman and if you don't get dressed every single day, so be it. There are worse things and to be honest, there are days I don't get dressed and I only have one little person at my house.
You are sssoooo blessed to have Jay home for that long. I am so jealous! I know how you feel about those stinkin' little 5 minute car trips to and from school. I knew a mother of 11 kids who lived around the corner from the elementary school and would leave 4 or 5 kids napping at home when she went to pick up the others.I freaked out and thought she was so irresponsible, BUT now I can see WHY she did it.....even though I still wouldn't....I just imagine a fire breaking out the second I'd leave.
Post a Comment