I have a few other hand-made Christmas presents up my sleeve, but I can't tell you about them right now, for obvious reasons. I will say that Jay, Betsy, and I are going to quilt some blankets for the girls. We already have the material purchased, and I'm excited to get them started. Of course, I'll probably just be observing Betsy at work since I have never quilted before, but.... baby steps. On another June Cleaver note, I entered a pie contest which took place last night at our church's Trunk-or-Treat event. I have no idea why I actually signed up for this. I think it was because I was sitting next to a very confident Stacey and Shannon, who were both signing up for the Chili Cookoff and vowing to kick one another's chili-lovin' booties. I just wanted to be cool like them (but at the same time, not to have to compete against them and be assured of losing). So, I signed up to make a pie. Here's the pie I brought (plus a bonus pic of my prego belly and my non-flat-ironed hair):

Chocolate Banana Cream... mmmmm! I got the recipe from a good friend (thanks, Jim!) and let me tell ya, it's good. So good that I'm making another one today to share with the fam. Sadly, I did not win the contest. I'm okay with it though, because now I have weaseled the secret recipe out of my friend's hands and can make it whenever I want, which is quite a consolation prize, indeed.
(Sorry to taunt you all like that, but I can't share the recipe. When Jim is a famous chef, which he's bound to be, I will take you to his restuarant and buy you a piece of pie...or, just come on over to my house.) :)


3 comments:
I'm impressed but mildly annoyed that you're making me feel incompetant as a housewife circa 1950.
ooohhh....that pie looks so awesome! I wanna bite right now!!!
You are so making me want to get into my room and sew! My sisters (and brother, although we usually don't ask his opinion) have agreed that we no longer buy each other Christmas gifts. If we want to give a gift it has to be handmade.....by our own hands. :)
Post a Comment