Not that I've been counting down or anything...............ok, yes I have.

Dexter is not the best "out & about" child, and that especially pertains to church. He starts screaming the minute we walk through the doors (and that is not an exaggeration). My sweet mother-in-law has spent almost every Sunday with me trying to help me out since Jay has to work, but I fear neither one of us has been getting much out of church the past few months. It doesn't help that Dex will only sit through sacrament meeting long enough to finish his extra-large cup of juice (3.5 seconds). Even snacks don't placate him.
To be fair, it's not that he's unhappy or bratty. It's that he is loud. He has one volume - screech - kind of like one of his sisters, who shall remain nameless.
Wait, how did that picture get in here??Anyway, what a joy it was to turn the D-Man over to the fine folks in the Nursery today. Almost 2 hours of peaceful Sabbath Day observance...ah! What more could a mom of young kids want? It felt like I was getting away with something. So thank you, THANK YOU, to all those who serve in nursery. You guys rock.


8 comments:
18 month mark is something that any LDS woman looks forward to, and if they don't, they're lying. Congrats on hitting this mark. I'll be hitting it in a month and a half. Enjoy your peace.
I'll accept your thanks, even though we don't currently serve in the nursery. It was our first calling as a married couple... yeah. An people wonder why we waited to have Be.
As the current nursery leader in my ward, you're welcome. Congratulations on getting rid of your kids for 2 hours a week! I don't have that luxury:(
18 months really is a glorious milestone. :)
You've been a serious church trooper...enjoy these next couple months, you deserve it :)
Chris has been known to fib about the exact age a little when we arrive at a new ward just to get them in the nursery early. Bad, bad boy.
Rita
I notice that the date on your camera is a little off. I don't think the picture of Bea was taken in March 2005.
they are all so sweet.
Mom
Yeah for nursery!! Dex has grown up so much in the last couple months!
Post a Comment