Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A little bit of this, a little bit of that

Today is Day 3 of Jay's life as a CHP Officer, and... so far so good! It actually hasn't been very exciting yet because he has spent the past few days in the office filling out paperwork, learning the computer system, etc. His real "on the road" training begins on Monday the 5th. He will be on the swing shift (1 p.m. - 9 p.m. or later) for about a month. After that, who knows? But for now it's good because even though he has to work on Sundays, he'll still be able to make it to church. And on school days he can drop Natalie off at kindergarten. Whoot whoot!

The kids are so glad that Daddy is back... Mommy's aren't nearly as fun. Bea even told me the other day, "I love all my family and people I know, but I love Daddy and Grandma the best." Thanks, Bea. You better believe I'm going to bring that back up when she's 13 and begging me to drive her to the mall.

The pregnancy is going along smoothly, although I won't see a doctor until mid-May (Kaiser!). I am feeling fine and am one of the lucky ones who doesn't experience morning sickness. The only time I threw up during a pregnancy was with Dexter, and I'm pretty sure it was In & Out's fault and not Dexter's fault. It has kind of ruined In & Out for me, though.*sigh* Anyway, I really have nothing to complain about in the pregnancy department - yet. I'm sure I'll have plenty of aches and pains to detail for you all as the months go on. (I can feel your excitement from here!)

In other big Fear Family news, Jay I and finally got new cell phones! We really had no choice since our other phones were so old they wouldn't be able to comply with the new California "hands-free" law that goes into effect July 1st. Since Jay is an officer and all, we figured we better make sure we are following the rules of the road. I'm so excited to have a phone that can play a different ring tone depending on who's calling! I feel so... advanced!

The other big purchase over the past few days was a gate to keep Dexter out of the kitchen. Ahhh, peace for $18 - what a bargain! Dexter doesn't seem to mind it, either. He gets to practice his standing.


Well, I suppose that about sums it up. It's weird not to have the Academy to blog about anymore. Don't get me wrong, it's fantastic, but ... it's still weird.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

You sound a lot like me. I'm not a morning sickness kind of gal either. I don't take it for granted! I love, love being pregnant... I think I need to go find Trevor now...

Meghan said...

Yea! Congrats again! Love the picture of Bea and Dex!

Robert and Katie said...

Very cute new background! Good luck to you both on Monday!