Week 25 was focused on one thing: emergency medical response. The cadets spent all day every day learning CPR and many other lifesaving techniques. The CHP is almost always the first on the scene of an accident, so the knowledge the cadets gained this week is essential. You never know if you might be able to do something to save someone's life in the time it takes for the paramedics to arrive.
One thing he learned to do was deliver a baby! You'd be surprised how often officers have to do that. In fact, one of Jay's instructors has done it twice! And a few months ago Jay told me about an officer (someone he went on a ride along with, actually) who was driving his pregnant wife to the hospital but there just wasn't enough time. He pulled over and had to deliver his own child. Amazing! So, obviously, now that Jay's a certified EMR (Emergency Medical Responder), I'm totally having him deliver any future children we may have...................what? Does that not sound like something I would do?
So week 25 is done and we have 2 weeks to go. Only one more sad Sunday goodbye, I can't believe it. I'm a little preoccupied with graduation week preparation, but it's a good preoccupied. I just wish we were given more tickets to the ceremony... I'm so proud of Jay, I want to invite the world!
Lookin' good!
In case you can't tell what this is, it's the "Countdown to Daddy's Graduation" calendar that hangs on our fridge. We've been crossing off a square every day for almost six months. I can't tell you how happy I'll be to get that thing off my fridge. :)


5 comments:
It really is nice to have so many 'x's on the chart. I remember the when the first week was crossed off. You have done a great job Amy....I am as proud of you as I am of Jay...(and the kids too....it has been a long haul)
Love to all.
Mom
You forgot they got their badge numbers! Woohoo! It's so official!!
You're right, Katie! How could I have forgotten that? Thanks!
~A
My brother had to use those crazy paddles on a lady having a heart attack within two weeks of graduating. Crazy! Two week to go! WaHoo!
A nice "car birth" sounds soooooo relaxing. I think you should try it Amy. (:
Post a Comment