Week 26 is done and we are now in the final week of the Academy. Aw, yeah! I can't even put into words how great it feels to be less than a week from graduation.
I've been so preoccupied with graduation prep and Spring Break that I hardly remember what happened at the Academy last week. Hmmm, let's see... he had some boring HazMat classes, learned a lot about terrorist attacks, and ... yeah, that pretty much sums it up. In week 25 they received their badge numbers, and last week they received their police ID's. It's so official! All he needs is to get through this week and get that badge, baby!
So tomorrow I leave for my graduation-week-mini-vacation. That's right - just me! Nana and Grandma are sharing the kid-watching duties until Friday, and I am so grateful. The CHP has some things planned for the week, and some of the other cadet wives and I have some plans of our own. Wednesday night is the debut of The Dress at the cadet party, and Friday is The Big Day! I am so excited, I can hardly draft a coherent post. I'm writing under the influence of giddiness, you know, so don't judge me.
I will have a probably-too-lengthy graduation report for you all next week. Until then - ciao!


5 comments:
Hooray for graduation! Nick's Police Academy was no where near as long as Jay's, but I was SO READY for him to be home and done! Way to go! I can't wait to read the grad report!
Congratulations! Graduation week is the best! The next best week is the first week when break-in is over!
Can you see me doing my little happy jig? WaHoo!
Congratulations!! We Know that the last few months have been difficult . . . Fantastic!! they're finally over and you're all ready for the next step!!
Love you!!
Nita and Ralf
I am so excited!!!! How 'bout Chris and I come and visit you next friday to celebrate! Does 10pm sound o.k.? Because that is when our plane arrives in San Jose.(: (: (: I am not kidding.(: See you then.
Post a Comment