Wednesday, April 2, 2008

What a jip!

Last weekend we purchased a bag of Mother's Cookie Parade cookies. After the kids went to bed, Jay popped in a movie, sat down on the couch, and opened the bag. I was in another room at the time and all I heard was a loud, "WHAT?!" I rushed to the living room to see what the problem was and saw this:

You're probably thinking the same thing that I was thinking, which was, "well, it is sold by weight and not volume." Still, even as I said those words outloud I knew something was rotten in cookieville. Here, in its full color glory, is proof that Mother's totally ripped us off:

Weight of yummy Cookie Parade cookies we paid for:

Weight we received:

(Yes, I actually weighed it.) That's 4.9 ounces - missing!!! It's 1/3 of the bag!
I was so irritated, I was planning this big 'ol mail campaign to Mother's, complete with 8x10 glossies of their lies, plus a boycott of all Mother's products. Instead, I took some pictures and then Jay and I polished off the 9.7 ounces we had. And who am I kidding? I can boycott things like Carl's Jr. or McDonald's, but not Mother's cookies... seriously, have you ever had their Taffy's? One thing's for sure, though... next grocery run, I'm bringing a scale.

4 comments:

Gramma Betsy said...

You should write a letter.
Mom

thomalee said...

c'mon mothers!! I love that you weighed them! so great!

Brenda said...

Trevor thinks you should fight this to the bitter end. I would take you're road and eat what I got. He would actually take them back and throw a big stink.

Chris and Rita said...

Taffy cookies rock!! They are one of my favorites...second to Girl Scout Samoas.