Monday, December 3, 2007

7 down, 20 to go!


It's heaven to be done with week 7!

Jay had a very long week and, besides the EVOC class which I already posted about, there isn't much to say about it. He was glad to come home on Friday, but probably not as glad as we were to have him home.

We had a great weekend. Saturday we saw Enchanted with the kids (which was adorable) and Saturday night we all went to Christmas in the Park in downtown San Jose. It was my brillant idea... too bad I forgot that it was the night of the Christmas parade. It was *packed.* We finally found a parking spot and Jay was able to put his EVOC skills to the test as he parallel parked perfectly. (Say that 3 times fast!)

Sunday I woke up not feeling very well. By Sunday night I was feeling a little better but this morning I woke up feeling gross again. I am off to the doctor shortly, thanks to Janet who will be watching the kids for me. I'm praying that I don't have strep throat. (Edited to add: Turns out it is strep. Ugh!)

In other news... we received our washer on Friday! Whoo hoo!!! We spent a good chunk of time catching up on laundry. I should have taken a picture of all the piles of folded laundry stacked throughout the living room, but... too late.

So now it's Monday and week 8 has begun. I am beyond happy to know that when this week is over, Jay only has 19 weeks left. There's something comforting in knowing that we're in the "teens." It really stinks being a single mom... my heart goes out to all those mom's who have to do it on their own 100% of the time. My admiration for them grows each day.



DOGPILE!

2 comments:

Jeremy said...

I love my job.... I only work 8 months out of the year, and today
I only worked from 10-2, but I - AM - JEALOUS. See, I've been convincing myself that all those things I did in high school with my dad's sports car WERE STUPID. If I could get paid for it (all in the name of keeping the police), that would change my point of view.

I'm also glad you liked Enchanted. I liked the first half (or so). I blogged on it, so you can read about it.

Give our best to Jay. Good luck to you all.

Brenda said...

You crack me up Amy! Tell your hubby he's looking SKINNY! I'm super jealous! Give Bea a kiss from her old nursery leader!