Sunday, December 16, 2007

See ya, week 9!


Remember how I mentioned a few posts back that Jay was on light duty when he injured his hip? Remember how I said that he had to spend PT time cleaning up the nasty, sweaty exercise mats? Well, now Jay has a way to remember those good times forever. There he is, working up a sweat (although in a completely different way than the Seniors).


This was a nice weekend. We spent most of it doing Christmas-y type things and just hanging out. We also celebrated good ol' Bets's birthday! (Don't worry mom, I won't spill the beans on your age.) Notice the cobbled together candles... oops... I guess I *am* spilling the beans on your age! So sorry Mom... really, I am. And no, we didn't bake her banana bread for her birthday... it's another famous Fear family recipe: 3 hole cake. Mmmmm!!!

So Happy Birthday to the best mother-in-law anyone could ask for! (And I swear I'm not kissing up. I already know she likes me better than Jay so I have no reason to kiss up.)

*insert mischevious grin here*


I know I should really take the time to post about Jay's week at the Academy but I just don't have it in me right now. I've been up past midnight for three nights in a row and I think, for my children's sake, I should probably get some sleep tonight. So that means I'm going to end this post rather lamely by just posting some pictures. The Academy stories will have to wait for another day. I'm sure you all understand.... right? Ok, good. I knew I could count on you guys.

Natalie practicing "nose in the rings" like Daddy. (Disclaimer: I know there are stains in the carpet. I swear it is not my fault. Not even steam cleaning gets them out... dang renter's carpet!)

My rosy-cheeked, slightly ill Blond Bomber.


Matchy-matchy, green squared!
(5 Shrutebucks to whomever can name that reference!)

4 comments:

Meghan said...

Your rhymes are awesome... and you do have a fabulous mother-in-law if I do say so myself. :)

See you tomorrow!

Brenda said...

I believe you are quoting Return to Me! Our quote from that movie is "I got it, I got it Grace..."

The Fear Fam said...

Haha! Well done, Brenda! And we love the "Got it Grace" quote in our household as well. Your Shrutebucks are in the mail... :o)

~Amy

Chris and Rita said...

Chris will say,"I got it Grace", too. His other favorite is,"I am trying to put your Mother to bed."