So I'm experiencing a little of the Post Christmas Blues. The anticipation of and preparation for Christmas is usually better than the day itself (although I do like the actual day, too). But now it's over and Jay is gone after a blissful 4 days home. *sigh* Excuse me ... I forgot to mention that this is a pity party. Aren't you glad you're invited??
Ok, I'm snapping out of it...
Ok, I'm snapping out of it...
This year we scaled back our present giving to everyone, including the kids, and even asked our parents to only give a maximum of 2 presents per child. Jay bet me that at least 2 of them would break the rule. (He didn't specify who but I'm pretty sure he meant my side of the family.) But the joke's on him because they all stuck to it and now he owes me a massage! So there! But really, I do highly recommend scaling back Christmas present giving. It was so much less hectic and the kids actually enjoyed themselves instead of getting overwhelmed. And most importantly, if your husband is at all inclined to be Scrooge-like, it will ease the tension quite a bit.
Maybe the best way to share my Christmas with you is via pictures. Below is a small sampling of the 150+ pictures I uploaded from my camera last night. I hope you all had as Merry a Christmas as we Fear's did. As a side note, I think I'm going to start saying Happy Christmas like the British. Doesn't it sound cooler?
Eat your heart out, all you children of the '80's!
Some Father & Son-In-Law bonding
A milestone in every boy's life: his first Tonka.


2 comments:
You look great without makeup and I love the sit-and-spins!
Hey! I am "scroogelike", too. We only gave our kids one $20 gift and a couple of small items and they were fine.I am dtermined not to raise spoiled brats.(:
Post a Comment