Now that Spring Break and Easter are over, it feels like the end of school and summer vacation are just around the corner! This year, like all others since my children have started school, seems to be flying by at record speed.
We stayed local during Spring Break, but had a great time going on hikes and having picnics, and taking a short trip to the Jelly Belly Factory. (Free candy, baby!) Easter and General Conference were also wonderful, and then Monday brought us back to the reality of school and schedules and homework.
But because I don't want to think about all that right now, I will reminisce about our backyard Easter egg hunt instead.
Wait, before we get to the egg hunt, here are the kids with some of their loot. (Hooray, Dollar Store!)
Cal was still sleeping when the baskets were opened, but once he woke up, he was more than a little excited to find a new jump rope. The boy loves cords, jump ropes, and basically anything he can trail along behind him. It's a very strange obsession, but hey, what can you do? Better than Dexter refusing to try on anything but girl's sandals at Target. But I digress.
Ok, now onto the hunt!
After the first round of hunting was done, we discovered they had all found the exact same number of eggs. (And Jay and I barely interfered, I promise!)
Oh, and in case you were wondering, Dexter eventually agreed to buy boy's sandals. He looks like a little man in this outfit ... it kills me.
The end!


3 comments:
Looks like you guys had a fun Easter. Your kiddos are looking as cute as ever and BIG! I never think kids should grow as fast as they actually do.
Seriously. Put a blond wig on that boy and he'd look just like his sister. You should try it sometime (when Jay's not home).
Dex does look like a little man. Cal with the jumprope!!! Natalie and Bea...such cuties. I love you guys.
Mom
Post a Comment