Thursday, April 15, 2010

Another Momentous Occasion


Dexter ...

... adores his sisters and will do anything to get their attention, which usually includes following them around, crying, begging them to go on the trampoline with him, or throwing toys at them if necessary.

... talks back a bit, but it's so cute that I have a hard time taking it seriously. I know, I know, it's a bad habit to get into. But when I'm telling him to do something and he yells with all the feeling he can muster, "Mom, you no bossing me!," it really is quite comical. Unless I'm in a rush to get the girls to school and he's refusing to put on his shoes, or some other typical drama, then it's not that comical at all.

... loves trains, Star Wars, riding his tricycle (or "scooter," as he calls it), and eating snacks. He also has a slight obsession with gum.

... always asks for "Papa come back," in his nightly prayers, and nearly fell off the dining room chair when we told him that Papa was indeed coming to visit in May. He was so excited that his prayers were being answered!

... is talkative, observant and very sweet. Oh, and he's a music lover. Jessie's Girl is his current favorite. (That's my boy!)

... is growing up.

Happy 3rd Birthday, buddy. We love you!



He was so excited for the cake, but mainly because he wanted the Thomas train that was riding the icing rails.


Opening a present from Nana. Can you sense a theme?


A train table! (Gotta love Craigslist!)

5 comments:

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday Dex. And way to keep your mama in line;)

Gramma Betsy said...

Next time, I am not buying clothes! The train looks like so much fun. I love you Dexter....
and the rest of your family.
Mom

The Fear Fam said...

No worries Mom, he LOVES the Darth pajamas. I just didn't get a picture of them. :)

Robert and Katie said...

Happy Birthday Dexter! Where's Jay's party hat??

Chris and Rita said...

Happy Birthday to Adam II.