Friday, April 30, 2010

It's Another Floor to Sweep, But I'm OK With It

In between bouts of rainy weather, Jay and I tackled another project around the house. Actually, this time it was a backyard project, and it was a ton of fun.

Here's the before:
(basically some useless space next to the deck)

And here's the after:


A treehouse, complete with slide! The kids are in heaven (and I kinda like it, too). There's nothing like laying in the treehouse, listening to the birds chirping, and staring up at this:



Jay designed and built the entire thing. I supervised. Actually, I helped quite a bit, mostly in the painting department, although I did have a few turns at the chop saw. (There is photographic proof, but I'll spare you.)




The kids are loving it! Now with outside toys, a trampoline, a hill, bikes, and a treehouse, they have no excuse to come inside on sunny days. Well, except to get a drink of water, and Jay took care of that, too:


He created homemade water fountain. He is one clever guy, I tell ya. When he told me he wanted to make a water fountain, I admit I was a little skeptical. But not only did he pull it off, he made it completely adorable. I think the kids aren't the only ones who will stay outdoors all summer!

Some more pictures, if you're so inclined:

9 comments:

robin said...

wow. that is awesome! way to go jay! i am totally jealous of you homeowners being able to just build a treehouse if you feel so inclined.

i love it!

and the water fountain is great!

Brenda said...

Freaking awesome. Carson was just asking me this morning if his dad could build him a tree house. Looks like Bea's dad can since his dad has a cast.

Jeremy said...

Cool, now maybe Brooke will trust me to do ours.

BTW, you're Rules poster looks like our Wii Rules poster... Except the spying on the neighbors part. :)

Gramma Betsy said...

It is really a special treehouse. what a great thing for the kids.
Mom

The Farrell Family said...

What a fabulous tree house! How fun. I want one too.

Sara said...

Dude, your backyard rocks! And yeah, the kids have no business being inside on sunny days. And that fountain is awesome. I like the way you think!

ColleenaMareena said...

Amazing! I'm so impressed (and more than a little jealous!). What great memories your kiddos will be making every summer out there! :)

Powers Fam said...

That is an awesome treehouse! What a great view they have! I bet they can't wait for school to be out. And the drinking fountain? Amazing idea. Where the tutorial Jay?

The Spencers said...

Beyond awesome!!!