Every few days, I will randomly exclaim to Jay, "I really love it here!" And it's true. I am happier here than I expected to be. Or, better put, I thought it would take a lot longer to love our new hometown than it did. I love the neighborhood, the friendly customer service, being close to bike trails and the lake, being literally 5 minutes from the temple, and watching wild turkeys meander in our backyard.
Of course, I might change my tune in July when the approximately 150 degree weather hits.
Anyway, the point is, as I was looking through pictures thinking about what to post, I found a lot of random snapshots of our life here that I thought I would compile for your viewing pleasure. At least I hope it's a pleasure.
A small section of Candy Heaven in Old Town Sacramento
A very small part of the Railroad Museum, which is always a bit hit with all the kids

Atop the Capitol Building with Jay. I nearly had a panic attack climbing the rickety spiral staircase to the cupola. My sister-in-law, Emily, and Jay both had to keep reassuring me that I wouldn't plunge to my death. Incidentally, this part of my behind-the-scenes tour of the Capitol made me seriously reconsider my plan to climb Half Dome with Jay this Spring. I don't remember having a fear of heights until I had children.
Speaking of children, here's Cal (with his new haircut!) roaming one of the many wide open spaces near our home.

During a bike ride with Jay and the boys, we stopped at a local bakery and refueled before heading back home. The boys were a big hit in the bakery, and they scored some "hard hats" to wear on the ride home.
Two wild turkeys hanging out on our deck. Cal is slightly freaked out by them, but Dexter always wants to go outside and touch them. Of course, they fly/walk away as soon as we open the sliding door.
Well, I think that's the end of our Sacramento tour for today. I hope it has convinced you to come for a visit! You're more than welcome! (Just don't all come at once....)


2 comments:
Thanks for sharing....Can't wait for Saturday.
Mom
I'm so glad to see and know that you are happy in your new hometown. It looks lovely.
Post a Comment