We had such a hard time deciding on a color to paint the entryway, mainly because we had already painted the nearby walls some pretty bold colors, and we didn't know what other color would work with them. Probably because there *is* no color that will work with them.
So, Jay suggested we put flooring on the walls.
And that's what we did.
Jay and his brother, Jack, used IKEA laminate floor and adhered it to the wall while I watched from the sidelines and tried to keep the boys out of the way. I am so happy with how it turned out. I've even stopped worrying about the fact that the instructions screamed "do not glue down the laminate under any circumstances!" We're all about throwing caution to the wind here.
Here's the view when you walk in the door:
I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "That's paneling! I thought the Fear's hated paneling!"
We do dislike paneling ... bad early 80's paneling like this:

What we have now is flooring. On the wall. Horizontally. It's different, I tell you, it's different!
Ok, where were we? Oh yes... here's a view from the living room. You can see one of the bold color choices I was talking about, along with my knock-off George Nelson clock.
I really love that view. Except for the flooring and the wicker chair and the 80's chandelier ... but those are projects for another time.
We're having a lot of fun putting our stamp on this home. It's leaning towards the 70's a bit, but hey... the house was born in the 70's and so were we. It's like going back home, man. Like going back home.


10 comments:
Your wall looks amazing!!!! I love, love, love the color of the wood. Way to throw caution to the wind. And it dies not look anything like panelling.
There's no place like home! It looks great!
I love it. But I was born in the 70's too.
It's funky. It's awesome. I love it!
I think it is great! I like your new additions on the table....vases? bottles? not sure what to call them...but the colors look really good.
Mom
it's looking so good! it must be great having a house to do stuff with.
parker's always like, "are we ever gonna live in a house?"
my poor, poor children...
Thanks everyone!
Stacey - now where are the pics of your new home??
Mom - thanks! Those are a Goodwill find. It's "art." :) LOL. The tough part is keeping Cal away from them.
Robin L - you always make the places you live look so cute, I can only imagine the great things you could do with a house!
Wow Amy that looks amazing. You have wonderful style. I love the colors you are using. What a beautiful home!
Great, now you're giving me ideas...
We have a big wall in the great room. I wonder how hardwood with a basketball key would look.
Brooke would kill me.
Amy, I love it! Honestly it looks so good. Great bold colors and the flooring on the walls really works nicely!
Post a Comment