Saturday, June 27, 2009

Did I mention...

...that we found another house?

It's not nearly as grand as the previous house, but it it cozy and clean, and has personality. (Lots of funky late-70's wallpaper!) The first time I set foot in it, it felt like home. It doesn't hurt that it's in a great location - backed up to a greenbelt and running trail - and is walking distance from the school. 

We are in contract and it has a clean pest report, so we're hopeful this one will go through! Wish us luck!




12 comments:

Kristen said...

wow, that is pretty! I love it! Good luck!

Janet + Craig said...

boy, that was quick! Congrats!!! Still in SAC?

Jeremy said...

I'm sorry but.. BRADY BUNCH!!!

It really looks just like all those homes in my old subdivision built in the 70's. But it's a lot cleaner than many.

So where is it exactly?

The Fear Fam said...

Well, not quite the Brady Bunch, but yes, it is very 70's. 1978 to be exact. It only had one owner, and they took great care of it. Nothing is updated, which is kind of good (for us anyway), because we don't mind little projects. (Or even big projects.) It will let us put our own stamp on it, as opposed to some of the new McMansions we looked at in other towns. I'm not looking forward to removing the wallpaper, though!

The house is in Orangevale, which is a small town next to Folsom. Folsom is a very nice town, too, despite being associated with the prison. :) The house is close to a lake, and like I mentioned, a greenbelt with a running trail that goes from the lake into Sacramento.

We're excited, but I'm trying not to get emotionally attached. (which is hard for me!)

Brenda said...

Please keep the paneling.

papaG said...

Congrats!

just us said...

Ok thats me, Melissa, commenting "Congrats". It says "PapaG" but its me. LOL. My dad was logged in and I didnt know. Sorry. LOL.

Maren said...

We bought our place from original 70s owners too. Makes it more affordable, and like you said you can do your own updates. Which we will, someday...

I have always associated Folsom with Intel, didn't know there was a prison there.

And smaller (than the last house) means less to keep clean!

The Fear Fam said...

Yes Maren, that's exactly what I was thinking! The last few times we visited the first house, I would always leave feeling stressed out! Too much to take care of.

Brenda - how 'bout I save the paneling and send it to you.... yes? :)

Chris and Rita said...

I love the green backyard! Hope this one works out for you guys.

The Farrell Family said...

Looks great! Love the deck!

Powers Fam said...

Congrats on finding another house! I'm crossing my fingers for you!