It is day 3 of my 30 days of no sugar no flour. This is a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. You never realize how much stuff we eat that has flour or sugar. You know things like Snickers, Reese's, M&M's, Bagels, Sourdough bread, English muffins, Cake, and Peanut Butter Capt'n Crunch, Etc...... All the good stuff.....so it would seem.
I am also having "mood" cravings. IE the girls are fighting or whining and I immediately want to turn to something sweet, and sugar free sour mints don't quite do the trick like a bag of Reese's peanut butter cups would.
I am proud of myself though. I have had many opportunities to eat junk. On Day one I had to go back to work at Domino's.(I deliver pizzas a few nights a week for extra cash) That was not fun. When I got to work my boss offered me some Cinnastixs that he had recently made. Oh man they smelled good. Later that night he asked me if I was going to make a pizza. I had to say no but man it sounded good. The smell of all of it was tempting but I stayed the course.
On day 2 the girls were restless and wanted to get out. Bea had done the deuce on the potty so we had to get her a reward. So we combined the two and went out for ice cream and crepes at a place nearby. The girls just got Ice cream, Amy got a strawberry crepe, and I got a diet 7up. I again stayed the course. It was hard but it is worth it.
I also was suffering from a bad headache on day 2. I remember a similar feeling when I stopped drinking caffeine in high school. Nothing a few Aleve couldn't take care of.
I have enjoyed the food I can eat. I have had home made tacos(corn tortillas only), brown rice pasta and sauce, tuna salad on sprouted wheat bread(in every other state this is called coardboard but thanks to Hippies in California we now can consume it) I also eat eggs and lots of fruit.
I'm feeling a lot better today. To quote Sheridan Whiteside "My headache is gone with the wind" Things don't seem to be as tempting as they were two days ago. I hope that will be the case the rest of the way.
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Good job Jay! I was totally cracking up on your cardboard commet! More power to you both!
Diane
Post a Comment