Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Day 1 & 2 (Amy's Thoughts)

Amy's thoughts (Day 1)
Jay has done well with eating no sugar and no flour. I haven't noticed much difference in his temper as he comes off the sugar, but we'll see what happens over the next few days. *wink* I know working tonight (he delivers pizzas part-time) will be a challenge, but I'm certain he can overcome it.

We also started studying the scriptures as a couple today. We decided to read the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke & John in the New Testament). We use the LDS (Latter-Day Saint) King James version of the Bible. We read 5 pages today. One of the benefits of being on maternity leave is that we were able to read during the day, which eliminates the "falling asleep" factor that tends to happen to me when I read my scriptures at night. Don't get me wrong, it's not the content that puts me to sleep... I fall asleep reading anything at night.

Amy's thoughts (Day 2)
Today we continued studying the scriptures together but we read late at night, after we had put Dexter to sleep. I almost forgot about our goal, but I'm glad I didn't! We started where we had left off and read the Sermon on the Mount as recorded in Matthew. We read 2 chapters, and they are two of my favorite chapters in all of the New Testament. I was struck when I read "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matt 6:33) Am I doing that? Am I putting the Lord first in my life? It has definitely given me something to think about...

As far as Jay is doing, I think he is doing well. When he has time to post I'm sure he'll have more insight, but he has stuck to his "no sugar or flour" goal for two days, even while the girls and I had dessert at Banana Crepe in Japantown. (Going there was his suggestion by the way... I wouldn't be that cruel to tempt him like that! He wanted to reward Bea for continuing to um... go #2 on the potty.) Anyway, on Day 2 Jay was a little grumpier and had a sugar-withdrawal headache, but I'm sure his body will adjust soon. He definitely has more will power than I have.

No comments: