Some highlights ...
The girls' school holds an annual Halloween parade, which is a lot of fun. This year, one of Bea's classmates took the opportunity to express his feelings for her via his costume:
Isn't it adorable? If you can't tell, he was a road (love the creative costume!) and his hat was a street sign named "Beatrice Court." It just kills me. His mom and I had a good chuckle over his crush (which, I have to say, is mutual).
The kiddos
Beatrice wanted to go as lightening, which was fitting because the weather kept threatening to rain, although thankfully it never did.
Natalie wanted to go as a tornado, which was a bit of a challenge, but as usual Jay pulled it off. You can't see it, but there is even a little witch flying in the twister. *I'll get you my pretty!*
Dex was Buzz Lightyear, obviously, and Cal is was a monkey. Of course, he only wore his costume for about half an hour before Grandma graciously took him home for bed.
Jay had the most creative of all our costumes, and although I have to claim credit for the seed of the idea, the details and the execution were all his:
Humpty Dumpty! We won "Best Car Decoration" at trunk-or-treat. Pretty good considering Jay whipped up the castle about 2 hours prior using paneling we had previously ripped out of our living room.
As we were preparing for trunk-or-treat, I started to feel a little left out because I was the only one who never got around to planning a costume. So, I threw one together at the last minute (swiping an idea from a former coworker): The tooth fairy.
Ain't I pretty? :)
I'd say we better start planning for next year, but like with most things, we do Halloween better under pressure. I hope you all had a fabulous holiday and that your kids shared a Reese's Peanut Butter cup with you!


1 comment:
You were all just great!!!
Humpty Dumpty looks great sitting on the wall.... wait, are those Barbie boots?
Mom
Post a Comment