Friday, June 18, 2010

The Final Detail

We did this about 2 months ago, but I forgot to share it with you all. I know you've been waiting on pins and needles, so I won't make you wait any longer. Here it is, the final detail to our the kids' Star Wars bathroom:





The kids seem to really like having their names on the wall, and I really like that they have a specific place to hang their towels. It also makes it a lot easier to see who left their towel on the floor. Can't get anything passed mommy now! MuHAHAHA!

On an unrelated note, summer has begun and we are loving it. It is not too hot up here (yet), but we've still been having fun cooling off with massive water gun fights in the backyard. It's usually Parents vs. Kids, and let me tell ya, we have no mercy baby. I'm talking sniper in the treehouse, secondary weapons, the whole 9 yards. It's a blast.

Besides our water gun battles, it's going to be a pretty relaxing summer around here. We have no major vacation plans, but I'm looking forward to a looser schedule and lots of family time. We might even tackle another project or two around the house... if I can break away from the otter pops and slip 'n slide long enough.

5 comments:

Gramma Betsy said...

Love it!!!! I remember some serious water fights at my house as a youngster...and water fights with my kids. Have fun.
I do love the Bathroom's finishing touches.
I am so glad you have summers at home with your kids...I missed out on that. The kids will have great memories.
Mom

Brenda said...

I had all these snarky remarks to make about your mad decorating skills. Then I realized I was just jealous and decided to keep my mouth shut. Looks awesome.

The Fear Fam said...

The vinyl was purchased on Etsy, and stuck to the wall like a sticker, so no mad decorating skills required. :) I tried to paint the names on previously, and it was a disaster. Vinyl is the way to go! It makes you look like you know what you're doing!

Jeremy said...

I'll do the snark.

What, no "Princess," "Darth," "Count," prefixes?

I'm only snarky because we'd never be brave enough to paint a room black. It took use weeks to pick a *blue* for the boy's room. :)

The Fear Fam said...

I thought about that, Jer, but in the end I decided that only Jedi's can use that bathroom, therefore there was no need for labels. :)