Thursday, November 26, 2009

Hi-YAH!

Tonight, not long after I had tucked the girls into bed, Beatrice came down the stairs, followed closely by Natalie.

"What do you need, Bea?" I asked.

"I'm just scared of the dark," she cried.

I responded sympathetically, "No you're not."

"I'm just afraid someone is going to take us," she exclaimed, burying her face in my stomach.

I gave her a big hug and reassured her that she was safe, our home was safe, I was here and I wasn't going anywhere, etc. That's when big sister Natalie chimed in, "I'm here, too, Bea." She paused. "And I can kick really high in the front."

I don't know about Bea, but I know I'll sleep a little sounder tonight...

3 comments:

Chris and Rita said...

I love the things kids say!

thomalee said...

Yeah Natalie! That's awesome :)

Gramma Betsy said...

Natalie, what a nice big sister you are. Bea, you are in good hands. I sure miss all of you. The celebration looked like lots of fun. The food looked great!!!
Dex, your birthday is coming...but you also have the Christmas experience coming up...very soon.
Love you all.
Mom