But anyway, as I was saying...
I actually didn't stink at pairing colors, and have since prided myself on only ever changing my mind about one paint color I've chosen (back at "the house with the red door," as Natalie and Bea remember it). Well...
Make it two.
I picked out a new paint color for our dining room chairs, and although I really like it with the table color, and I like it with the new wall color, I don't know if I like it all together. There is something not quite right about the room, and I can't put my finger on it. I'm quite flummoxed. Maybe it's the whitewashed sideboard. I don't know. Jay thinks there is too much of one color (even though it's two different shades). Maybe it's the two different shades that are the problem.
Maybe I just need new curtains. (That's the story I'm trying to sell Jay.)
Here is a sneak peek - don't look if you have a moral opposition to painting wood furniture.
I won't show you the whole room since I'm not happy with it and it will likely change. I already drug dragged took the boys to Lowe's this morning and came home with every paint chip they offer. I will conquer this!!
Thank goodness we bought a paint sprayer.
P.S. - I will be seriously impressed if someone can tell me where my post title comes from without looking it up.


5 comments:
I'm morally opposed to painting wood. :)
When it comes to color, I just take a picture of the room/furniture/etc. and put it in a Photoshop-like program. (I use GIMP, which you can download for OS X, but you have to install X11... long story). Then I can alter specific hues before heading to the store.
The chairs look nice with the table. I am anxious to see the rest of the room.
Mom
I love the chairs with the table. How cute! I too cant wait to see the rest of the room.
i know where that post title came from! i know it! i know it! i just can't think of it . . . it's on the tip of my tongue . . .
dang it. i'll get back to you...
PAINT AWAY!!! I am all about painting wood. Its like getting brand new furniture {with a personality} to go with it.
Maybe bold bright patterned drapes?? A table runner?? Something to tie it all in?
You've got the eye ( and education ) for decorating. You'll figure it out!
** PS I am trying to convince Joyce she can paint some of her wooden furniture for a inexpensice chic facelift. ;)
Post a Comment